工作时,他怒气冲冲地走了。
4. homer sometimes nods.
智者千虑,必有一失。
5. our assistant was free from all blame for the mistakes.
这些失误完全不能怪我的助手。
6. it's my fault. i didn't hire enough hands for the work. i screwed up.
是我的错,我雇的人手不够,我把事情给弄砸了。
7. i'm sorry. i made a big mistake not hiring enough people on the crew last time.
我很抱歉,上次我没招够人真是个大错误。
8. oh, you're the guilty party.
哦,是你的错。
未按时完成工作
dialogue
the deadline is coming, but owing to lack of enough hands, there would be one-week delay on finishing the project.
工程就要到期了,可是由于人手不够,必须延期一周才能完成。
manager: ok, let's get started. steven,we'll begin with reports on the school. is everything going smoothly?
经理:好了,开始吧。史蒂文,我们先来看看学校的工程。一切都还顺利吧?
steven: i'm afraid there'll be a delay of one week.
史蒂文:恐怕得要一星期才能完成。
manager: what's holding things up?
经理:是什么给耽误的?
steven: actually, it is all my fault. we are short-handed at work
本章未完,请点击下一页继续阅读! 第5页 / 共9页